Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

I would be happy to sign him back with us. He fitted straight in and looked like he had been here all season which made a difference to the team IMO.
Yes really like mcgrandles , would strengthen the midfield especially with Hamilton not likely to be fit for the start of the season . No idea why he would be at the EPC other than a potential signing ?

Not like in the old days:

View attachment 73226
My memories of Bob in a Lincoln shirt are probably tainted by a particular incident at a home match. Bob was having his usual game (i.e. not opening up defences); as the drum majorettes marched past the SB terrace at half time, a voice shouted, "Take that hat off Latchford, we know it's you." Funny at the time, and possibly accurate too.

Of all the wild rumours, the only one that really stacks up is Evans.

Would be a step up in standard for him. Coped well with the step up from the Welsh League to Newport though.
agree. this is the type of player we look at - we are not entirely in the signing youngsters mould. hackett and walker are in the same age range for instance.

for this type of player, expect we have scouted and seen some evidence that he has potential to step up again. already shown progress over a couple of L2 seasons, but with a degree of risk involved. this degree of risk keeps the cost down, so he falls into our bracket. in the same way, taylor (and draper) had half a season in L2 scoring around 10 goals.

if there was back up evidence of a player like evans scoring 20+ goals over more than one season and 100% guarantee he could step up to L1 we would be well down the queue of suitors.

Yeah, really not our player profile at all. These bullshit artists need to put a little effort in, at least. Just because we've had a bit of investment m, doesn't mean we will be signing knackered old strikers for one last payday.
They haven’t done enough research to know we’ve had some investment!